Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

For all the mothers out there...

Dearest Mother,

3 Generations of Women in my family
L-R (Inah Uytiepo, Estrella Jalauig, Mitche Uytiepo)
     Whoever said that being a mom is an easy job… is wrong. Being a mom requires a lot of patience. They work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no day offs, no vacation leaves and most of all no pay. But I can see that there are no regrets in being a mother. The only joy and satisfaction you get is by seeing to it that your family is happy. The pleasure of seeing your child grow up to become a respectable individual in society is enough. I know that there came a time when you had reached a point of sacrificing your welfare for your family.

      There are no perfect people in this world, nor perfect relationships, but what I shared with you was like no other. There comes a stage in every teenager’s life, that we somehow despise how our parents treat us. I’ve been there and my diaries can prove that. That rebellious stage became a turning point of my life. I’ve learned to become the person I am today. It was because of your experiences that taught me how to live my life, by learning from your mistakes and following your success. You have always been my source of strength, my stronghold, the wind beneath my wings, but you never hindered my happiness. You have made me spread my wings and made me experience what life was on my own, not knowing that you were still there praying and guiding me every step of the way.
Despite the busy schedule you had, you never failed to spend time with me. I cherished every Sunday we spent together as a family. Seldom do we find mothers who understands us, and goes out of their way to get to know their children better by knowing what their likes are and actually experiencing it with them.

     Who would have thought that you would become my bestfriend. We are like sisters, sharing every detail about love, friendship, career and dreams in life. We hardly see each other anymore and I miss those times that we would just cuddle every spare moment we have.
I’m so lucky to have you for a parent! I could never wish for anything else! I love you mom! I always will

Your Child





Ode to my Mother
Published in Sun.star Weekend Bacolod
May  14-16, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment