Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2012

of Soda Cases and Cardboard Boxes...


Earlier today we had a power interruption. It started before 7am and resumed power at 5:30pm. I took a bath and unfortunately, there was only a trickle of water coming out from the shower. I opted to use the "TABO" (dipper) instead. My family has been using the shower for a long time and I haven't seen the pail and dipper for a long time. I have forgotten how fun and enjoyable using the dipper is. It brought me back to the time when me and my cousins went for a bath in the rain in our underwear. We didn't mind if the water pouring down the water spout was dirty, all we really wanted was to have fun. We pretended that the spout was a waterfall and we were trapped in an island. We built tents and houses out of cardboard boxes and soda cases. When we were kids, we can do just about anything, traveled to different parts of the world and even the universe.  Pretending to be what we ever wanted to be. 

Sometimes I wished I was back to being a child where the only thing that bothered me were monsters and my parents. No bills to pay, stress free days and I even slept better. Me and my cousins pretty much had a glorious childhood. Even if I was an only child, I never felt alone because I had them to keep me company. As we grew older, eventually we had less and less time to see each other knowing that we went to different schools, had jobs, boyfriends/ girlfriends which turned into their husbands / wives. Some moved from one city to another, some even moved continents. 

Points to Ponder on:

1. Cherish your childhood it brings a smile in your face when you look back at it.
2. Teach your kids to play outside instead of playing inside with the computer or other gaming consoles.

3. Play with your kids, this ensures you supervise them in a playful manner. Allow their imagination to run wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment