Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Magnitude 6.8 hits Bacolod City

I was about to eat lunch when I felt the floor shake. It would have been a normal occurrence if I saw someone (someone big at that ) running down the hallway. I continued to observe my surroundings for a few seconds and the chafing dish in front of us began to shake. It was then I realized that it was an earthquake. The lady who was about to serve us our rice disappeared from our sight, like a ghost she ran out of the pantry like a flash of lightning leaving us staring at the food. When the shaking became stronger, we stepped away from the counter. The lady who was working at the other concessioner began to shout "Gwa na kamu!" which means everyone should go out, we dashed towards the main entrance of the building. I'm not sure if it was because of hunger or a panic attack that my legs were still shaking. We were still waiting for an update when I felt the car we were leaning on began to shake. I stepped away thinking that it was just someone who was shaking the vehicle. When I looked up, the steel pole in front of the building began shaking. Oh no! Not again, an aftershock. For a steel pole to shake like that means another strong quake. Eventually we were let back in the building only to get our stuff. 


News reports state that more aftershocks will be felt in the upcoming weeks. Be safe everyone! 


Let us pray for those who were greatly affected by the quake. Be safe everyone. 




Points to ponder on: 


1. During an earthquake, do not Panic.
2. hide under a strong sturdy table
3. if the quake still persists, go out of the building and stay at an open area. 

4 comments:

  1. thanks Inah for your sharing .....may God bless us all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charge your cellphones and stock enough food. Listen to News. - From DRRM Western Viasayas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sharing a very useful site to monitor earthquakes happening around the globe... http://www.iris.edu/seismon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple but informative one. Allow me to share my article related to this blog http://kamisulat.blogspot.com/2012/02/negros-oriental-earthquake-review.html

    ReplyDelete