Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Poem: A writer's Block

I've been wanting to write a poem for a very long time but it seems that I've had writers block so I decided to just write essays. Something so overpowering came upon me today so I sat down and tried to scribble some words.. so after so many years here goes my first poem in my adult years...

A writer's block

staring into space,
is like staring into a blank page
don't know where to start
my mind clouded, it's dark

no words come to mind
the meaning to this writing i can't find
simply listening to music
inspired me to write a poem like a lyric

where is this really leading me?
somehow I want my mind to be free.
free from a writer's block
but I can't get out i'm stuck

they say practice makes perfect
but it seems with words i don't connect
maybe I just need to wait
for beautiful words into poems I'll create.

No comments:

Post a Comment